Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Monday, February 11, 2019
During Language today we had reading buddies with Ms. Samuel's class! We love reading with the older boys and girls and listening to stories. We have made lots of friends over the past few weeks. After this we quickly went to the book fair to spend a few minutes there before it closed! We are so very appreciative of Ms. Hayward and her hard work to run the book fair. :)
Then we had Gym, outdoor recess, and lunch!
During our inquiry into math we worked on telling time!! We played Time Bingo and then we learned how to tell time at the half-hour! We completed a worksheet that we had to practice drawing the hands on the clock.
During our Unit of Inquiry we learned about Community Helpers! First we did a KWL chart to find out what we knew about community and community helpers... then we watched a video to introduce community helpers!
Then we had indoor recess, snack and French!
We ended our day with Music!
OA/oa and OO/ooWords of the Week: 1. soap 2. toast 3. float 4. food 5. pool 6. moon
Show & Share: Pawan, Alina, Hailey, and Sahana
-100th day of School will be held on Wednesday, February 13th. Students will dress up like they are 100 years old on that day!
-Spirit day is on February 14th, students may dress up in Valentine's Day colours (red, white, pink).
-The school will be closed for a PD day and Family day on February 15th & 18th.
-Bake Sake: February 26th & 27th.
-Pancake Day is on March 5th.
Posted by Taylor Gray at 1:21 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Tuesday!Today we started our day off with morning meeting. After morning meeting we made our way over to the book fair to see what books we are interested in and some of our friends purchased books. We definitely have a better idea of which books we really, really want! Remember the book fair is until the 8th!
After we returned from the book fair we got right to work on our phonics. Our friends are doing a great job with sounding out words and using the resources around the room to find words that have the blend ee in them.
GYM, RECESS, LUNCH
When we returned from lunch we started learning about CLOCKS & the difference between a digital clock and an analog clock. We started to grasp the concept of the big hand and the little hand. The big hand tells the hours and the little hand tells the minutes. We did an activity practicing seconds and minutes.
During UOI we learned about where snowflakes come from. We learned how no two snowflakes are alike. We then did an art project with snowflakes and snow theme. :)
Words of the Week: 1. Sheep 2. Teeth 3. Feet 4. Night 5. Light 6. Bright
- MONDAY is the last day to re-register for St. Judes for next year!!
- Sent home new spelling words -- List 6
- Pancake Tuesday MOVED -- March 5th
- Thursday @ 9:00 -- Final level of Oral Presentation. Parents have been notified if your child was selected by other teachers to move to the final round of the Oral Presentation.
- Don't forget to re-register for St. Jude's for next year!! :)
- Book Fair is from February 4th to 8th.
- On Wednesday, February 6th, students may come dressed as their favorite fantasy or book character to help celebrate the theme of the Book Fair. If students would like to participate, they must bring in $2.
- 100th day of School will be held on Wednesday, February 13th. Students will dress up like they are 100 years old on that day!
- Spirit day is on February 14th, students may dress up in Valentine's Day colours (red, white, pink).
- The school will be closed for a PD day and Family day on February 15th & 18th.
- Bake Sake: February 26th & 27th.
Posted by Taylor Gray at 3:17 PM
Monday, February 4, 2019
To start our week, we began Monday with our Oral Presentations. All of our friends did a fantastic job presenting their poems! Ms. Gray was very proud of their presentations.
During our journal time today we completed our spelling test.
During UOI we did more activities around WINTER! We talked about how we build snowmen and in the summer we build sandmen! :) We played a game with dice and drawing accessories on our snowmen.
1. Sent home new spelling words -- List 6
2. Pancake Tuesday -- March 5th
3. Thursday @ 9:00 -- Next level of Oral Presentation.
4. Don't forget to re-register for St. Jude's for next year!! :)
5. Book Fair is from February 4th to 8th.
6. On Wednesday, February 6th, students may come dressed as their favorite fantasy or book character to help celebrate the theme of the Book Fair. If students would like to participate, they must bring in $2.
7. 100th day of School will be held on Wednesday, February 13th. Students will dress up like they are 100 years old on that day!
8. Spirit day is on February 14th, students may dress up in Valentine's Day colours (red, white, pink).
9. The school will be closed for a PD day and Family day on February 15th & 18th.
10. Bake Sake: February 26th & 27th.
Posted by Taylor Gray at 4:02 PM
Sunday, February 3, 2019
Fun Friday!First thing this morning we had our awards assembly and we celebrated our Risk-Taker!
After the assembly, we had Reading Buddies with Ms. Bannon and Ms. Samuel's classes. We read lots of stories with the big kids and made lots of new friends.
After that we had Gym, indoor recess and then lunch!
During our Inquiry into Math we took our Subtraction test! Ms. Gray has not graded these yet but all of the students worked very hard and finished their tests in a timely fashion.
During our UOI we talked about Groundhog's Day! We learned what this meant if the Groundhog saw his shadow! After that we went around the room and gathered data whether the students thought the groundhog would see his shadow or would not see his shadow... Lots of our friends are hoping for an early spring! :)
Then we had OUTDOOR RECESS! We had SO much fun playing in the snow and running around to get some energy out. Ms. Gray was outside with us which apparently made our friends VERY happy.
Then we had snack and French.
After that we worked on our journal and we wrote and drew a picture of a groundhog.
- Our spelling test will be on Monday:
- Practice the poems!! Competition will begin on Monday! :)
- 3 DAYS UNTIL THE BOOK FAIR!!
- Remember to re-register for St. Judes for next year!! 😊 We are looking forward to seeing your kiddos in grade 1!!
- WORDS OF THE WEEK: 1. sing 2. ring 3. king 4. sail 5. tail 6. mail
- Some people have reported their books are all full. I will be putting new books in their agendas at the beginning of next week. So, don't worry about this.
Posted by Taylor Gray at 7:53 AM